Through our sustainability plan we care for the environment and are firmly committed to society and our workers’ health.
- Make a responsible and efficient use of natural resources; especially energy and water.
- Minimize the impact on environment.
- Minimize emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Prioritize the use of renewable energy.
- Prioritize the use of natural light in the packing house.
- Use efficient interior lighting in buildings.
- Use of refrigerants in the cold stores fully compatible with the environment and does not harm the ozone layer and does not cause global warming.
- House workers as near to work sites to avoid transport and c02 emissions.
- Reduce the use of pesticides through sexual confusion and mass traps.
- We cooperate with our customers in an attempt to reduce packaging as much as possible.
- Use recyclables materials in packing house and farms.
- At a time of great difficult time for the economy summer fruit is putting more jobs on the market and contributes very positively the local economy.
- Our company offers a natural and nutritional product which helps in the fight against the infantile obesity in society today.
- Solar panels on the farm.
- Photovoltaic installation at our plant. With it we calculate to avoid the annual emission of 1028.86TN of CO2 into the atmosphere and 254.02TN of oil. A reduction in greenhouse gases that would be equivalent to planting a total of 3740 new trees.
On the path to a green and more sustainable company
CTRA. NACIONAL 211 KM 329,5
FRAGA (HUESCA) ESPAÑA
P: +34 974 453 915 E: INFO@SUMMERFRUIT.ES